SolarEdge HD-Wave 4.0kW Solar Inverter - Single Phase with SetApp
The SolarEdge single phase inverter with HD-Wave technology breaks the mold of traditional solar inverters. Winner of the prestigious 2016 Intersolar Award and the renowned 2018 Edison Award, the single phase Inverter is specifically designed to work with SolarEdge power optimizers and features a standard 12-year warranty extendable to 20 or 25 years.
- Manufacturer SolarEdge Technologies
- Weight 9.0 kg
- Phases 1 Phase
- Power Rating kW 4
- Inverter Type Optimised Inverter
- Built in DC Yes
- No. of MPPT N/A
- Built in Communication Optional
- Commodity Code 85044084
- Dimensions (mm) (H x W x D) 280 x 370 x 142
SolarEdge’s Innovative Inverter Topology
Because Maximum Power Point Tracking and voltage management are handled separately for each solar module by the SolarEdge power optimiser, the single-phase inverter is only responsible for DC to AC inversion. Consequently, it is a simpler, more cost-effective, more reliable solar inverter. The fixed string voltage ensures operation at the highest efficiency at all times independent of string length and temperature.
In addition to its functionality as a DC-optimised PV inverter, the single-phase inverter also manages battery and system energy as part of SolarEdge’s StorEdge solution.
HD-Wave Technology: A New Era for PV Inverters
SolarEdge’s latest generation of single-phase inverters is designed using a novel power conversion technology that is based on a distributed switching and powerful DSP processing. The inverter is able to synthesise a clean sine wave that leads to a dramatic reduction in the magnetics and heavy cooling elements. The result is an even smaller and lighter inverter for simplified shipping and storing, and easy one-person installation. The record-breaking 99% efficiency allows more energy production for an improved ROI.
Easy Inverter Commissioning with Inverter SetApp
SolarEdge single-phase inverters now have a smart new commissioning method. Inverter commissioning is done directly through a smartphone using the intuitive SetApp mobile application. Take your inverter commissioning to the next level. Learn more about SetApp.
Inverter Highlights: Specifically designed to work with SolarEdge power optimisers
- 2.2kW to 6kW inverter range
- 99% weighted efficiency (33%-50% fewer losses than the market standard)
- Small, lightweight, and easy to install
- Up to 155% oversizing allowed
- High reliability due to lower heat dissipation
- Advanced safety features, including integrated arc fault protection
- Quick and easy inverter commissioning directly from your smartphone using the SolarEdge SetApp
- Standard 12-year warranty (extendable to 20 or 25 years)
- Built-in module-level monitoring
- Internet communication via Ethernet or wireless connectivity (using optional Wi-Fi, ZigBee® or Cellular Plug-ins)
- Manages PV production, battery storage, and smart energy products
- IP65 – suitable for outdoor and indoor installations