- SolarEdge Technologies
- SolarEdge P500 Rail Mounted Power Optimiser
SolarEdge P500 Rail Mounted Power Optimiser
SKU: P500-5R M4M RM
The SolarEdge power optimiser is a DC/DC converter which is connected by installers to each solar module, turning them into smart modules. The SolarEdge power optimisers increase energy output from PV systems by constantly tracking the maximum power point (MPPT) of each module individually. Furthermore, the power optimisers monitor the performance of each module and communicate performance data to the SolarEdge monitoring platform for enhanced, cost-effective module-level maintenance.
- Manufacturer SolarEdge Technologies
- Power Optimisers Landscape, Portrait
- Commodity Code 90328900
- Dimensions (mm) (H x W x D) 36 x 128 x 152
Each power optimiser is equipped with the unique SafeDC™ feature, which is designed to automatically reduce modules' DC voltage to a safe level whenever the inverter or grid power is shut down (unless connected to a StorEdge inverter operating in backup mode).
The MPPT per module allows for flexible installation design with multiple orientations, tilts and module types in the same string. When working with SolarEdge inverters, the power optimisers automatically maintain a fixed string voltage, allowing installers even greater flexibility with longer strings and strings of different lengths in order to design optimal PV systems. The SolarEdge power optimisers are compatible with c-Si, thin-film, and high current modules and have a 25- year warranty. Dual input for parallel connection of two modules; single input version is available and should be used when connecting a single module to the optimiser (in case of an odd number of modules in the string or when using modules that are compatible only in a single-module configuration).
- Per-module Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT), with MPPT per two modules using commercial power optimisers
- Superior efficiency (99.5% peak efficiency, 98.8% weighted efficiency)
- Mitigates all types of modules mismatch-loss, from manufacturing tolerance to partial shading and ageing
- Designed for extreme environmental conditions
- 25-year reliability and warranty
- Advanced, real-time performance measurement
- Automatic module DC voltage shut-down for installer and firefighter safety
- Connected by installers to c-Si, thin-film, and high current (including bi-facial) modules