CCL Energy Group Ltd (“CCL”) is committed to safeguarding your privacy. Please read the following privacy statement to understand how your personal information will be treated when you use or register on the CCL website, speak to a member of our team, visit our office or otherwise interact with CCL.
This privacy statement applies to all subsidiary companies, CCL Components Ltd, Firefly Hybrid Power Ltd and CCL Solar B.V. Please refer to the privacy statements on these websites to learn more.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Depending on how you deal with CCL, your interactions with us and the permissions you give us, we will use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To fulfil your order and provide you with the services you have contracted for.
- To maintain your online account with us.
- To manage and respond to any queries or complaints to our team.
- To personalise CCL’s offering to you and show you content we think you will be most interested in, based on your account information, your purchase history and your browsing activity.
- To improve and maintain CCL websites, and monitor its usage.
- For market research, e.g. we may contact you for feedback about our products and services.
- To send you marketing messages and show you targeted advertising, where we have your consent or are otherwise permitted to do so.
- For security purposes, to investigate fraud and where necessary to protect ourselves and third parties.
- To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
- To apply for credit accounts using our credit reference agencies and insurance provider.
We rely on the following legal bases, under data protection law, to process your personal information:
- Because the processing is necessary to perform a contract with you or take steps prior to entering into a contract with you (e.g. where you have made a purchase with us, we use your personal data to process the payment and fulfil your order).
- Because it is in the legitimate interests of CCL and your company, where you are submitting orders with CCL on your company’s behalf.
- Because we have obtained your consent (e.g. where you contact us with a query, where you add optional information to your account profile, or if you consent to receive marketing from us).
- Because it is in CCL’s legitimate interests as an e-commerce provider to maintain and promote our services. We are always seeking to understand more about our customers to offer the best products and customer experience. We use information about you to tailor your view of CCL, to make it more interesting and relevant in respect of the products and offer CCL on view.
WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
CCL needs to share information with certain selected third parties to operate our business:
- CCL Components Ltd, Firefly Hybrid Power Ltd and CCL Solar B.V. are part of the wider CCL Energy Group Ltd based in the UK, as such, we will share information between our companies to help and improve our product and service offering.
- Service Providers: We provide information to our service providers acting on our behalf (for example to companies that provide digital marketing services like product recommendation, statistical analysis, business & operational insight, website optimisation), as well as to those third parties involved in the delivery chain (for example freight forwarders, couriers and delivery companies). On occasion, we also share personal information with our professional and legal advisors.
- Government Authorities: Where you order is due for delivery outside the UK, we may need to share information with customs authorities both in the UK and in the country of destination. We may also share personal information with law enforcement or other governmental authority, e.g. to report a fraud or in response to a lawful request. When you purchase any television equipment, your details will be passed on to the TV Licensing Authority in accordance with the Wireless Telegraphy Act 1967.
- Credit & Fraud Checking: We may share information with credit reference agencies and with third parties engaged in fraud prevention and detection.
- Media: From time to time, we may release aggregated and anonymised marketing statistics to business partners, or may use these in press releases, advertising, or published reports. We would only personally identify you or any other customer in such press releases, advertising, or reports with your prior consent.
- Business or Asset Sale: If we sell any business assets, the personal information of our customers may be disclosed to a potential buyer. In this event, we will make reasonable attempts to ensure the buyer will be bound by the terms of this privacy statement.
CCL may also disclose personal information in cases where we believe the disclosure is necessary to protect the rights, property or personal safety of CCL, our customers, employees or the public, or where we are otherwise legally permitted to do so.
WHERE DOES CCL STORE MY PERSONAL INFORMATION, AND HOW LONG FOR?
CCL Energy Group works across many countries as a result, your personal information may be processed in countries outside of Europe, including countries where you may have fewer legal rights in respect of your information than you do under local law. We will take all the relevant steps to ensure your information remains private.
Where we no longer have a need to keep your information, it will be removed from our system however a record will be held to ensure we do not send you future correspondence.
WHAT DOES CCL DO TO PROTECT MY PERSONAL INFORMATION?
CCL Components always aim to deliver the highest level of service and security to our customers on and offline and all our communication is specifically designed with security in mind. To ensure the security and protection of your personal details whenever you submit any sensitive information such as credit card number and account details, we use the following security methods:
- (SSL) encryption - the latest technology to encode and protect your data - which is your guarantee for a safe and secure transaction.
- Sensitive credit card information is only transacted through Worldpay or PayPal, we get no detail on your card information.
- Your CCL Online Account Information and CCL Online Personal Profile are password-protected so that you and only you have access to this personal information. You may edit your CCL Online Account Information by using your CCL Online username and password and by clicking on the Update My Details button on your home page navigation bar. We recommend that you do not divulge your password to anyone. We will never ask you for your password in an unsolicited phone call or in an unsolicited email.
HOW DOES CCL USE MY PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Unless you opted-out during your account registration and purchase, CCL may send you emails, call or text you regarding CCL products and services. In addition, we may occasionally send you direct mail about products that we feel may be of interest to you.
It is likely that some or all of these marketing messages may be tailored to you, based on what we know about you and/or your company, for example from your order history, your previous searches and browsing history.
If you no longer want to hear from us, at any time you can:
- Edit your preferences in the 'My Profile Update Details' area of My Account, which you can access anytime through the link in the navigation bar.
- Unsubscribe from emails by clicking on the link in each email
- Email us at email@example.com
You may also see adverts for CCL on third party websites, including on social media. These adverts may be tailored to you using cookies (which track your web activity, to enable us to serve adverts to customers who have visited CCL’s websites). Where you see an ad on social media, this may because we have engaged the social network to show adverts to our customers, or users who match the demographic profile of our customers. In some cases, this may involve sharing your email address with the social network. If you no longer want to see tailored ads you can change your cookie and privacy settings on your browser and these third-party websites.
When you submit personal information in our Chat system whether it's an offline message or active message with a company representative, you fully understand and agree that CCL Components will collect and use this data to fulfil you the (customer) or (website guest's) request. A chat system is a third-party software, used on the front display of our website. Data is captured to effectively communicate between CCL components and you (website guest) or (customer) and the data is transmitted in a trustworthy and secure environment. Our chat software is fully GDPR compliant.
HOW CAN I ACCESS, UPDATE, CORRECT OR DELETE MY PERSONAL INFORMATION?
You can view and edit your Personal Profile information at any time by clicking on the 'My Profile -Update Details' section in My Account, which you can access anytime through the link in the navigation bar.
If you have forgotten your password, or have any other problems accessing your CCL Online account, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
We put small files (known as ‘cookies’) onto your computer to collect information about how you browse the site. Cookies are used to:
- Measure how you use the website so that it can be updated and improved based on your needs
- Remember the notifications you have seen so that we do not show them to you again
Why do we have a cookies banner appearing on our website?
- Tick the box to accept the cookies and continue to
- Ignore the banner - it will either disappear after 30 seconds or after visiting 5 pages. This will automatically accept the cookies to change your preferences to turn off cookies. This will have an impact on your experience using this website. If you choose to disable cookies, it will do this for every website you visit
UPDATES TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
We may change this privacy statement from time to time to reflect changes in the law, regulatory guidance or our data privacy practices in compliance with the law. When this happens and where required by law, we will provide you with a new or an updated notice detailing how the use of your personal information is changing and, if necessary, obtain your consent for the further processing.
We use Google Analytics software to collect information about how you use our website. We do this to help make sure the site is meeting the needs of its users and to help us make improvements. Google Analytics stores information about:
- the pages you visit
- how long you spend on each page
- how you got to the site
- what you click on while you are visiting the site
We do not collect or store your personal information (e.g. your name or address), so this information can’t be used to identify who you are.
Where our website provides facilities for electronic payments, the data collected through these pages are securely encrypted for your protection. You can check this in the address bar by ensuring that the address starts with 'https'. You can also use your browser to check the security certificate on any payment page.
Content contained in or linked to our website is the property of the respective data owners and includes information which may be subject to Copyright. You can copy information that does not have a copyright notice, e.g. application forms. Read our policy on the re-use of public sector information.
Date: July 2020
WHAT WE COLLECT?
WE MAY COLLECT THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION:
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences, and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE GATHER
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added, and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute, or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen. You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to .If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
LIST OF COOKIES WE COLLECT
The table below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store.
|COOKIE name||COOKIE Description|
|CART||The association with your shopping cart.|
|CATEGORY_INFO||Stores the category info on the page, that allows displaying pages more quickly.|
|COMPARE||The items that you have in the Compare Products list.|
|CURRENCY||Your preferred currency|
|CUSTOMER||An encrypted version of your customer id with the store.|
|CUSTOMER_AUTH||An indicator if you are currently logged into the store.|
|CUSTOMER_INFO||An encrypted version of the customer group you belong to.|
|CUSTOMER_SEGMENT_IDS||Stores the Customer Segment ID|
|EXTERNAL_NO_CACHE||A flag, which indicates whether caching is disabled or not.|
|FRONTEND||You session ID on the server.|
|GUEST-VIEW||Allows guests to edit their orders.|
|LAST_CATEGORY||The last category you visited.|
|LAST_PRODUCT||The most recent product you have viewed.|
|NEWMESSAGE||Indicates whether a new message has been received.|
|NO_CACHE||Indicates whether it can use cache.|
|PERSISTENT_SHOPPING_CART||A link to information about your cart and viewing history if you have asked the site.|
|POLL||The ID of any polls you have recently voted in.|
|POLLN||Information on what polls you have voted on.|
|RECENTLYCOMPARED||The items that you have recently compared.|
|STF||Information on products you have emailed to friends.|
|STORE||The store view or language you have selected.|
|VIEWED_PRODUCT_IDS||The products that you have recently viewed.|
|WISHLIST||An encrypted list of products added to your Wishlist.|
|WISHLIST_CNT||The number of items in your Wishlist.|